Around 11 on Tuesday, this was the scene from my classroom.
With school being dismissed early, everyone was headed home in time for lunch and the approaching snow storm!!
The snowflakes came quickly and with intense fashion!!
Quickly we dressed in the gear we didn't think we would get to use this year and headed to play in the day's flakes!! We were so happy to have friends join us again!
Sweet friends coming over for SC Snow Round 2 made our day even better !!
Our Tuesday adventures in the snow were by all accounts considered fabulous but only a taste of what was to come!!!
As dark approached, there was a light blanket of snow on the ground and it was just a coming down!!
And so the Snow Party began...
After a delicious meal, we finally decided to quit talking about the snow cream and actually make it! We worked so hard on the recipe and perfected it yet, we only had 2 takers on the snow cream! My others turned their noses up at it! Ben, thought it was just fabulous and ate and ate and ate his.
I did hear him say "I'm gonna eat this bite right here with the red sprinkles". I know this is shocking!!
Tuesday ended and we tucked 4 little loves into their beds in hopes they would be playing in more snow on Wednesday!
And Boy What a Wednesday it was!!
Indoor entertainment for this snowstorm has included many things!
Wednesday, my bedroom was officially converted into a movie theater! Movie showing went on round the clock in a variety of movie genres! The girls have watched every episode of Barbie I think ever made!
Bubba felt the "need to bake" and made us Valentine Cupcakes! His sous chef Ben was clearly a ton of help also!
And when Bess got wind of this cupcake event, she quickly wanted to be involved simply so she could lick the spatulas!
We found long lost umbrellas to play in the snow with!
And we were mesmerized by the tree full of robins perched on limbs in the falling snow!
We laughed as Hank never moved from his "throne" all day long. And how Otis somehow was able to look pitiful enough the Bubba let him inside too!
And of course we went on snow walks! Rather, THEY went on snow walks. I stayed warm inside while Bennie Boo napped!
We then decided to "Redneck Sled" down a few hills! Can't ever get rid of these cookie sheets because I would be lying if I said this was the first snow storm that they have been used! A much tinier Charlie has ridden down some serious snowy hills thanks to these long lasting and durable cookie sheets!
And we played and played and played!!
With the conclusion of Wednesday, we were loving the snow and family bonding time!
Thursday morning arrived and this is what my door looked like! This picture I took with my phone standing on the floor. That was insanity!
Chef Bubs prepared a rather large breakfast of eggs and sausage! To add to the healthy factor of this snow day breakfast, I decided to enlighten my Bessie and teach her the art of bisquit sopping with Yellow Label. It was a pretty sentimental moment as I remember very vividly growing up on this stuff myself. Of course, the child ate it right up and then some!!
I couldn't help but giggle as I looked down at the floor to see Ben using his dad's shoe as a "red car" carrying case. He was in his own little world lining up all the cars in one of his favorite spots... the baseboards of the kitchen.
But knowing we might have to wait 10 years to see snow of this magnitude again, I felt that it was a necessity to embrace it! Even if it did mean I was dressing and undressing kids 90 times in a day and doing 47 loads of laundry!!
So a family walk is what we headed out to accomplish!
Ben LOVED running and face planting int he snow! He was adorable and his giggles were even more precious to hear!
According to Bubba, it was the perfect snow for snow man building. His artistic daughter was all about the plan but she quickly lost her steam and moved on to more important snow activities!
Therefore, our gigantic snowman turned out to be Bubba's little teeny tiny snowman! Which Ben graciously destroyed after about 10 minutes of it standing!!
The happiness and joy in these little bodies was enough to warm anyone's heart! Especially mine! I loved seeing them smile and run and yell and throw snowballs and giggle as if this was the best day of their whole lives!!
My heart is so full of thankfulness for these little loves! And Baby Otis too!
Our walk led us down our snowy road!
This girl was a natural snow bunny! She loved every minute of the snow and the sledding too!
Wylie was so happy to see her little friends! She was here there and everywhere!!
And somehow this little love scored big by riding everywhere or being toted every where and never having to really "walk" in the snow!! He is such a 4th child... can con us into anything and looks adorable while doing it!!
When we returned the snow was still falling and our pretty house was just looking "snow" perfect!!
Thanks to the snow drift on the back deck, my children have had constant entertainment! Cookie sheets and snow drifts... it had entertained them for a ridiculous amount of time!!
And this little boy, goes out and goes hard in the snow!! He leaves completely dry and returns dripping in wet snow. He rolls, runs, tackles, slides and "skis" down any snowy area he can find! He loved it and I loved watching him even more!!
Snowstorm Pax was much more powerful than I think we expected it to be! It has been wonderful. Having family together all day with nothing on the agenda but snow, playing and snuggle time has been incredible!
For these few days, time has stood still. There has been only one agenda item each day - enjoy the day together in the rare and beautiful scenery we were blanketed with.
I have loved it and secretly don't want it to end. I want all my babies and hubby tucked inside the warm and cozy house with me. I have enjoyed the lazy factor and the bummy factor we have all displayed as we have sat around in comfy pajamas sporting no make up and crazy hair dos!
So until the last little bit of snow melts, I am savoring this little winter snow-cation I was blessed with!
Thank you babies for a wonderful few days! I have watched you laugh, love and enjoy life and my heart is full! May you always want to play in the snow and know the happiness and togetherness that snow days can bring!!













No comments:
Post a Comment