Thursday, August 8, 2013

Seconds and Thirds!

I have remarked many time about how incredible of an eater Bessie Boo is - I realize this!  In thinking back, I can't really think of a food she doesn't like.  She is willing to try just about anything.  While she may not love, love, love some things, she still will eat them without complaining if she has too...take for example cantaloupe ... not her favorite fruit but if she has to take her 4 bite, she will.  She won't ask for extras but it isn't torture like it is for our precious love Wy!! 

Tonight at dinner we were eating YaYa's chicken and rice casserole when we noticed Bess was pretty much dominating hers!  Not surprising but it started a dinner table conversation about how Bess is much like me and will try and eat pretty much anything and how Wy is a bit more reserved when it comes to foods and sampling new ones!  

Bess then showed us her plate and placed it by the sink.   

 

Bubba and I continued eating our dinner, chit chatting and trying to soothe our very, very tired and napless 2 year old.  Quietly, Bess snuck back up to the dinner table to Wylie's seat (and plate) and very curiously asked what were the "green things" (celery) in the chicken that Wyile had picked out.  After being told it was celery, without hesitation and probably without knowing exactly what celery was, she picked up the fork and proceeded to helping herself to Wylie's picked through chicken casserole.  My little eater at the remains of Wylie's meal.   Bubs and I giggled because it just proved our point that Bess really has few food fears!  

 

And then just as quietly as she returned to the table for her 2nd round of dinner, we caught her again!  This time sitting in Charlie's seat eyeing the remains of his casserole!  We watched without saying anything just to see what she would do. 

Sure enough, the little love, grabbed yet another fork and dusted off that as well!  

 

I guess what made this so funny to Bubba and I was that she would just appear out of no where and never announce her presence, she just saw food, knew she loved it and it would be a shame to waste it , therefore, she must eat it!  

I am so thankful for a baby that will really eat it all!  From salmon, to shrimp, to salad, to squash... she is a good eater!  She definitely got this trait from me!  Can't wait for the mommy daughter days in our future where we can go and relish eating every bite of some delicious dessert like Red Velvet Cheesecake or Molten Lava cakes!!  YUM!!   

Bess, don't ever change!  There are too many delicious foods we have yet to try together!  






No comments: