Saturday, February 26, 2011

Brother Ben, Meet Your Siblings!

Just like when Bess was born, I once again had a wonderful picture of how today would go!  Today, Brother Ben met his siblings!  Again, just as last time, I envisioned my children running into my hospital room screaming “Mommy” and wanting hugs and kisses from me.  I pictured them crawling into my bed with me as we all gazed at the sweet new baby I was holding. 

But friends, that was hardly what happened! 

First to really take any interest in Brother Ben was Bess.  She was fascinated with his feet and just giggled at them moving as she grazed her little fingers on his tiny feet!

100_5970

Bess was very intrigued by Ben and was quick to give him a precious hug and kiss! 

100_5975

100_5973

Charlie was semi-interested.  After seeing his cousin Ella in the waiting room, that really was all he cared about.  However we were able to turn his attention towards his new brother for  few short seconds.  

100_5978

This picture proves Charlie is going to be a great role model as he felt it necessary to show Ben his “muscles”!  (Don’t you just love how he does this!  Makes me giggle each time!)

100_5977

Now, I bet everyone is expecting Little Momma Wylie to be right in her element.  Today she was meeting her real life “baby doll”- right?  Oh how wrong we ALL were!  Wylie wanted ABSOLUTELY  NOTHING to do with Brother Ben.  She really wouldn’t even look at him.  She had her basket of lipsticks and that was all she needed and wanted.  She would not hold him and would not climb in the bed while I was holding him so she could see him.  She was not impressed by the addition to the family.  Just to show how NOT into her new brother she was- I present you with Exhibit A-  Wylie cries as she is forced to stand in a photo with her new brother! 

100_5982

However, now that I think back on it- this is exactly what my pictures of Wylie meeting Bess for the first time were like also.  She cried as she saw Bess in the hospital crib.  And now the two are roomies- my how times will change!  

So what have I learned after Baby #4-  Don’t get your hopes up for the wonderful potential Christmas card photo shoot in the hospital room when your toddlers meet their new sibling for the first time.  Just try to maintain order and snap any photo you can hoping at least 1 of each child comes out! 

On another note, Brother Ben is loving his time in the hospital where all the attention is on him! 

100_5983

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh kasie, he's adorable!! What a sweet baby boy, with some of the best sublings in the world. Love these pictures and so happy for all of you! Can't wait to come see! Love!

Beth said...

Sorry..typing from my phone on the way to church. Siblings. Ha!

High Cotton said...

What a great post! These photos are priceless - and I'm so glad that you shared such a special moment with your family of 4 with all of us. Congrats to all of you! We can't wait to meet Ben!

ps - McCord's so glad it's a boy!