We are about a month shy of one of the most shocking and surprising days Bubba and I have had in our lives as husband and wife. October 23, 2008 was the day our family of 4 learned we were going to be a family of 5! I will never forget the random neighborhood kid who just so happened to come to the front door wanting to discuss our dogs with Bubba as I ever so calmly called for Bubba to show him evidence of the newest surprise headed towards the Bailey household. I will never forget the phone calls we made that night to people who just said "No Way!" or " I told you!" On that day, as thrilled as we both were, I don't think the magnitude of 3 kids under 16 months hit us! And now... my world wouldn't be complete without the Best Surprise Ever!

Coming home in her momma's dress! Already full of smiles!
Straight out of a textbook- that best describes "Baby Baby Baby Bess" (as Wylie calls her!). At the tender age of 4 weeks she was practically sleeping through the night. Never a child to turn down a meal, our little chunk loves a snack, meal and especially a midnight treat! Rarely does our household hear the sound of crying from Bess. Now, this may be because Charlie and Wylie can on some days do enough to equal her share , but, truly we rarely hear the child cry. If she is awake, she is happy. She has the patience of Job. The precious child endures every whack, tumble and moments of pretend that her brother and sister do to her. My mom says the Lord gives you an "easy" baby the 3rd round because He knows you need it. So true...Baby Bess is
(knock on wood) an easy baby!
(knock on wood) an easy baby!
Simply Perfect!
I love each one of my babies unconditionally and without end. I consider each one of them to be heaven sent. When I look at Bess, I see a miracle and a true blessing. I am always reminded of how great God is. After tears of sadness and happiness, Bubba and I were blessed with Charlie and Wylie. When life seemed chaotic but wonderful, the Lord showed us both how no doctor is ever really in control- He is. Knowing all that I know about the miracle of life, I hold Bess and can not help but be beyond thankful for our "gift". Because she truly is.

Every night I rock Bess under this reminder!

Lovin' some bath time!

"Oh, how happy you have made me!"

Posing for the picture!

Beautiful Smiles!

She was really into this one night! Gene Simmons for Halloween? Whatcha think?
Thank you Lord for all 3 of our miracles!

6 comments:
You are so right only God has control of everything and isn't that wonderful!! What a blessing Sweet Baby Bess is for everyone. I am so thankful that she is such a good baby. Each one of your children are a preciuos gift and I am so thankful that we are a part of their lives!!
Kasie...you always make me puddle up!! I remember the day you called to tell us about the wonderful surprise of baby Bess!! What a miracle and sweet blessing she is!
Bess really is the perfect baby- I do not think I have ever seen her cry! Don't think I don't pray for baby smith to be as good as Bess!
Lacey
Ok, please pass the tissues (surely I'm NOT emotional - not me?!)! SO SWEET. And so true. Every word. Children are such blessings, there is no doubt. And your road wasn't easily paved, but look at you now. Beautiful 3 part post of your 3 miracles. They are so loved. I know they know it. :)
I love you Bess! She is so content with whatever and is always full of smiles! When I ask Lucy who she loves she says "Bess."
It's so precious how much Lucy loves her cousins! I miss her so much and can't wait to see her soon!! She really has gotten so big! Hugs and kisses to all!
i love the new pictures!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment