Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Such a Good Listener!

The evening routine at the Bailey house is pretty straight forward. Eat dinner, take a bath, play a little, then hit the sack! Some random night, who knows when ago, I created this little ditty of a song which I sing to Charlie and Wylie as I wipe their messy hands and faces down after dinner. Basically the highly complex lyrics of this song are Bathtub, Bathtub, Bathtub, Bath. Real genius songwriting huh?! But hey, Charlie loves it and sings along with me so at least I am pleasing someone. No matter how silly we sound! Anyways, as usual, last night I began singing my song in order to coax the troops upstairs to begin step 2 of the evening ritual. I was standing in the kitchen and looked down at Wylie as I began to sing my song and this is what I watched her do- of course Bubs and I were laughing as quiet as possible through it all!


You have to give the girl credit! She knew what the song meant she was just one step ahead of the game! And there you have it... another daily smile provided by Wylie!

ps- Not so sure what this last pose is all about but I am so glad I caught it on camera!

6 comments:

Lucy Brazzell said...

I see your hiney so small and shiney Wylie!!!! So cute!! She was ready for her nightly ritual!!! This is a GREAT post and one that might resurface again later in life!!!

Mandi said...

Precious!! What a great way to start my day!

The Hardisters said...

Love the last picture of Wylie! She is so smart! Bathtime is always an adventure!

Libba and Lewis said...

Hysterical!! That last pose is too much...love that sweet girl!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you had your camera handy for this little Wylie episode! She's so funny - without even saying a word!

Unknown said...

the pictures are GREAT!!!!!