I know... she isn't even 4 months but Bess is a kid who does not taking eating as a joking matter! She sucks down every bottle like she has never had food. Seeing her fondness for eating, I decided not to hold out on the sweet girl any longer and show her the good stuff... Rice Cereal! (Everyone scream Yummo!) Now, I have been overly curious as to how she would react. Charlie dispised cereal and Wylie usually ate 2 bowls at every feeding so it was going to be a toss up! I take this first bowl of rice cereal as serious business. I wanted Bess to feel like royalty getting to eat something other than a bottle so I waited all day until the "Big Babies" were down for a nap. I prepped Bess on just what glorious eating she was about to do! Just look at the sheer excitement on her face as she anxiously awaited her meal!

You would have thought manna was coming down from heaven for Bess on Round 1 of Rice Cereal. She would have licked the bowl if she could have. I thought... yet again, perfect baby.

But after 3 days of Rice Cereal, Bess had had enough! So, being a momma who finds food at the center of so many good times, I had to teach Bess to enjoy this ever so tasteful "stuff". So, tonight, we added BANANAS! (Now, everyone can really scream YUMMO!) All I can say is she literally giggled with each bite. SHE LOVED IT!!! If this is any indication of Bess' taste buds, she might have inherited my horrible sweet tooth!

Who can resist the face of a happy chunky cheek baby?
4 comments:
I love those cheeks! :) Bess is too cute.
That is awesome!! It looks like Bess will be a good eater and that is good thing. I love that Chunky Monkey!!!
Hooray for Bess! Can't wait to feed you some yummy food and I know one other little girl who will just be so excited to feed you too-Cousin Lucy! See you soon! Hugs and kisses from Auntie Amy!
You can tell by the look on her face how much she loves it! A girl after my own heart, I love food too Bess!
Post a Comment