
My suggestion- try food, who can't resist a good snack or meal? In my experience, some babies like to recline and relax while taking thier bottles so make sure supreme comfort has to be arranged for your little one! Be gentle and just let your baby enjoy thier meal! I also have found (just like up big girls who like to get dolled up for a fancy dinner) that babies like to be adorned in jewels as well! It really sets the mood!

Am I making sense here ladies?
Now, on occasion, some babies like to shift positions during a feeding. This helps stir them up a little and wake those little boogers up. We don't want to skip a feeding now do we?! We have floors to mop, reality TV to watch and toenails to be painted. You can see, I just jabber away to my little ones while feeding them. Notice my new position- maybe you can give this one a try!

This next part is critical. I was always such a healthy and as my pediatrican said a "vigorous" eater, this step was never too important for me. But hey, everyone is different. (I am sure you haven't noticed my overeating with my slim physique that I sport these days!) Anyways... all babies need a good ol' burp! Just tap tap tap on their back and in no time that baby will be burping away!
This is also a good time to stop the feeding for a little love! No one can resist loving a baby!

Many will assume that a burp might be the end of a feeding but ladies, be prepared! When you least expect it a fit of rage can come over that sweet and darling child and you will catch yourself feeding again! My advice, just go with the flow. We all have "growth spurts" now don't we!
Finally ladies, I offer one last piece of advice. Most mommas do this effortlessly and without even noticing that they are doing it- Multitasking! This is key! If you aren't doing it, give it a whirl!

Be the next to rave about Wylie B's mothering techniques! Purchase your copy of Mothering with Mini Mama today at local bookstores nationwide! Unleash the momma hidden inside of you!
3 comments:
Love a baby story! So precious how she plays with her baby! I
more so love the fact that out of all the babies she could have chosen she chose the one that reminded her of Aunti Amy! I can't believe we still have that doll! Hugs and kisses Wylie!
Ha! I'm ordering my copy today!! I hope Wylie isn't too busy in November...I'll be e-mailing her with all sorts of questions! =)
Sign me up! :) Too cute!
Post a Comment