Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Faces of Today


Bubba and I have been learning a valuable parenting lesson here lately. The lesson- that the emotions of a 1 year old can go from horribly upset to overly excited in the blink of an eye. Today we were lucky enough to experience so many emotions that it was humorous!


Charlie's new favorite toy is my vacuum. He even has the sound effects down. We no longer have the pet hair attachment to our vacuum because Charlie likes to pretend vacuum random places in the house. Tonight, we witnessed him vacuuming the inside of the dishwasher as it was being emptied. He is also fascinated by the light on the front (Imagine that! He is obsessed with lights!) Dust buster or vacuum, it doesn't matter- Charlie loves the help clean! He thought today's encounter with Mr. Dust Buster was thrilling! He loved it!



Then, (Bless her heart) there was Wylie. The poor child just wanted to eat her THIRD pack of fruit snacks when I looked at her and in my sweetest, loving mother voice said "No, Mam." Have you ever seen a child be so disappointed over fruit snacks. She shreaks with excitement when she sees me get them out of the pantry and she falls out (literally!) when they are all gone. Could have something to do with the fact she shoves them all in her mouth at one time- I don't know, just guessing here!



Literally... she collapsed into the floor, cuddling Bunny Foo Foo and Pink Blanky for dear life after I told her she couldn't have anymore! All this for fruit snacks!



And last but not least, sweet Baby Bess. The best baby in the world. She is the definition of happy go lucky! She is just happy that she is as full as a tick and has her own room! Actually, she is probably so happy because finally she can doze off for a minute without being startled from some random thrown object hitting the floor or someone seeing her mouth open without a passy and them trying to (ever so helpfully) stick it in! Bless Baby Bess!!





3 comments:

The Hardisters said...

Oh the emotions of a toddler. Lucy still throws those emotional temper tantrums when we don't give her more snacks. Charlie always makes me laugh-his gift! I love it! Sweet Bess I can't believe how big you are getting and all your expressions. I miss you all very much and can't wait to see you very soon. I am "planning" all of our activities for next week. Charlie, get ready because you are going to slip in slide! And Wylie I have for you a pretend kitchen and grocery cart with food so we can play grocery store. And Bess get ready for lots of hugs and sunggle time! Hugs and kisses!

Libba and Lewis said...

Oh my...those sad faces are too much!! Bess is so very sweet...I just love her sweet little smile!

Beth said...

Bess is getting so big! The twins are so funny...so many emotions that they can't figure them out. I hope we can see all of you soon!