Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Can't Promise They Won't Return




Back in the day when this little love just had a few sprigs of curls on his head, we had NO IDEA… 

No Idea that one day, those few sprigs would be a full out head of curly hair!  



A head of hair , that not just the momma, but others would come to love.  Curls that others would comment on often.   Curls that would be so fitting for a child's personality.  Curls that we wondered if they would return if cut off!  Curls that would be LOVED by many!!   


Ben is just Ben.  He is stubborn, a cuddlier, feisty, comical, a heart string puller and an instigator all in one!!  While I am not sure how, it just seems that the curls match his personality.  They 2 just go together!  Those curls can make people melt.  Those same curls can be blamed for his temper and attitude at time!  

But no matter his mood, at the end of the day…  I LOVE HIS CURLS! 


When convinced that he needed a "big boy" haircut, I caved.  I gave in and did what had been requested and discussed.  I cried.  He cried.  We all cried.  
Ben is suppose to have curls.  End of Story.  And when I looked at him without them, it was just not right.  


Then a year later, I let the notion go through my brain that a "little ol trim" could be done by anyone.  
And Disaster Strikes!!  

The "little ol trim" resulted in a 2nd "little ol trim" to fix up the first "little ol trim" and before you knew it, an hour in a haircut chair had passed and my baby with his head full of curls was leaving with none of them attached to his head.  They all were laying on the floor around our feet! 

Again, I cried.  Him, not so much!  He had a red sucker.  Life was good! 
Mine, my life, my life with Ben's curls was currently experiencing a serious heart wrenching!! 


Ummmm!  Hello, that is NOT my "Baby Ben".  That my friends is a big boy and this momma's heart just can't quite deal with this!!!  It's all too much really!  

So what's a momma to do?  


I'm not promising and I'm not committing Ben's hair decisions to anything.  I might just add that it is summer time.  Things in many areas seem to become a little bit more lax during the summer months.  Haircuts might be one of those too!  

I am having a hard time with these curls being gone.  I think Ben is fine.  He is clearly not the one having the issues.  And yes it is his hair!  BUT… when you think of Ben bet you think of those beautiful blonde curls!!!   

Just don't be surprised if you see Mr. Ben and he seems to have a shaggier look this summer.  This Curl Lover just might have "forgotten" to make his next hair appointment!  



No comments: