Saturday, July 13, 2013

Let's Just Call That a Sabbatical Leave...

I am extremely disappointed in myself.  Yes, our family has had A LOT going on lately and I am sure people would find blogging about the ins and outs of The Bailey Bunch days as low on the totem pole. But the mother of this family disagrees.  I should have been documenting better.  I should have been updating this blog each chance I could.  But, reality is, I have not done a good job so I am chalking that little lapse in blogging my Sabbatical Leave.  But, I have returned...and I have memories galore to catch up on.  While I haven't been posting, oh my little loves, I have been snap happy and have plenty of pics to document our past month and a half!!  

I left this blog as our family was celebrating sweet Bessie Boo turning 4!  What didn't get posted was what was going on at the time!  Our family was on the move!  

Back in January we listed our house and as soon as the azaleas started blooming in April... this happened! Exciting but bittersweet!  

 

We quickly found ourselves homeless for a few weeks!  Our new house was perfect in every way but wasn't "ours" until the end of June!  Thankfullly YaYa and PopPop offered up their home and our crazy crew moved in!  

During our month stay in the country there were many memories made!   

Thanks to Aunt Mandi, Ben learned his talent for harmonica playing!  A 2 year old playing a harmonica is by far one of the most fabulous things a mom can experience!!  

 

We watched many afternoon as the summer storms rolled into the country!  On this particular day, we were barely done with our golf cart ride when the bottom fell out!  Rain has been a common theme this summer little ones!  People will probably talk about the Rainy Summer of 2013 for years to come!  Just know, you were inside wishing away the rain clouds when you hear that summer mentioned!!  

 

But even summer showers made for smiles!  Where would we have been this day without the Princess Dress up Game!  (And yes, those are whiskers-  Ballet Camp Bess refused to wash her whiskers off!!) 

 

While the "big" kids went to camps, Little Man and I shopped for the new house!  Ben's undying love for the color red created many stops in furniture stores!  He could spot a red couch or chair a mile away and of course, it had to be sat on!!  

 

But not many things in life are better in the summer than good naps!  While I wanted to sleep on this particular afternoon, all I could do was stare!  How beautiful is this baby?!  I am so blessed!  

 

Naps = Extra Energy!  Thanks to imagination and active little bodies, these 2 buddies were resourceful and turned their under ware into super hero costumes!  While the running up and down the stairs was a joyt o hear, the sweet giggles were priceless!  

 

We visited the library and got books to find our "big school" words in!  Ben chose books about birds because there were "red birdies" in them, Bess chose books about sleeping and mommies (how sweet!), Wylie found Fancy Nancy books and books with her "words" and Charlie found a book about bears because his parents may or may not tell him often he is part bear due to the rate of his toenail growth!  All Bailey Bunch Babies left the library happy and ready to read!  

 

Thankful for sunshiny days, these bathing beauties have visited the Country Club pool a bit also!  What better compliment to a bathing beauties attire than a stylish pair of sunglasses!  

 

And then there was even more furniture shopping!  Boy were these girls (and their daddy) great sports while this momma suffered over all the millions of options !! 

 

Oh wait... more napping makes for the perfect beginning to summer!  This child was so exhausted she couldn't even make it on to the bed to sleep!  Passes smack out half way on the bed!! 

 

Then the big day finally arrived!  

After lots of boxes, lots of packing tape and lots of moving truck surprises, the Bailey Bunch moved into our new home!  

The home that will be the place where countless memories are made.  The home where laughter, love and happiness will be found.  The home were birthday parties, Christmas tress and summer cook outs will take place! 

My sweet babies, I am so excited about what is to come!  I love knowing this house is filled with blessings!  Your daddy and I are excited about what is ahead for you and our family!  


 

So, consider my blog back up !  The many memories I have been collecting are ready to be shared!  
Stay tuned!  Garden City, Pawley's Island, Ben Obsessions, New York... so many memories to be shared and documented so that one day you babies can read all about them!!  





No comments: