Thursday, July 3, 2014

Blogging from a Bunk Bed

Tonight I find myself blogging from the bottom bunk of my six year olds bunk beds. Never did I really think I would do this, but in this moment I am such a happy mommy! 

Charlie is preparing to go to his first ever session of Camp Cherokee. While this is still 3 days away, as a little send off I agreed to spend the night with him in his room. So here I lay on the bottom bunk. 

My quickest to fall asleep was not having any of my busy mommy lines as I tucked him to bed. "Let me clean up the kitchen them I'll be right here." Or "I just need to finish putting up the laundry, then I will come get in the bed." He actually got out of bed and asked if he could lay on my bed while I did my chores so he could make sure I truly in fact arrived in his room. And that melted my heart.  

Yes I have a gazillion things I think I need to be doing. Earlier today I found myself scrubbing bathroom baseboards with a toothbrush. I can find things I think I need to accomplish by a certain moment. But then I have little 6 year olds remind me, baseboards, laundry, household duties can wait. 

I FEEL LIKE I KEEP GETTING SLAPPED IN THIS FACE WITH THIS!!  What is more important than these little moments I can't get back?! 

It is 10 o'clock and all I can hear is Charlie grinding his teeth on the top bunk above me. But I know one day he won't care if I sleep on his bottom bunk. He will be too busy for me. And having your mom sleep in your room wont be cool!!!! 

So tonight I embrace. Embrace the little love that is above me grinding every ounce of his teeth. I embrace the hour of bedtime being forced upon me because it probably would not be happening if I weren't here!! I embrace the sweet heartfelt "I love you Momma" he gave me as I crawled down his ladder after our snuggle. 

My little love, my "baby", but really my big boy is going to First Timers!!! Wasn't he in a NICU yesterday?!?!?!  

So from the bottom of a bunk bed, Charlie, I want you to know I thank YOU for tonight! Thank you for wanting to spend time with me and thinking it is special that I will sleep in your room not with Daddy!! Thank you for being a little love who has a tender heart and a brave spirit!  You are always going to be my little baby boy and I am probably always going to be a very sappy emotional mom. Hope this is okay!! 

I love you buddy! Thanks for tonight and our special sleep over!! 


No comments: