I know. He's the "baby". Yes, he is the fourth. And yes, I know that many things have been a little bit more lax for the life of Ben than for the others due to the fact that he is the "baby". Believe me, he STILL gets his fair share of spanking spoons pops and moments in the time out corner. But the kid just melts me. Not sure how, why , or for what reason… but he does.
Take tonight…
I am multi-tasking doing the following chores basically all at once: laundry, dusting, dishes, lunches and putting Ben to bed … for the 47th time!
While standing in the laundry room, I begin to smell a very familiar and rather stinky smell.
And a stinky smell in a potty training boys bedroom only means one thing! Yep. That's it.
When I questioned the wee little squirt about this… This is honestly what he did!!
(Let me pause and say, I could tell by the conversations prior to this discovery, I was going to need a camera for the events of Ben!)
Yep… just thinking everything is hysterical!
So with realizing I was about to hault my multi tasking and clean up a serious diaper, I began to question the wee little lad about his decision on restroom locations.
His Answer:
" But Mom, I just couldn't go fast as I could"
And with that line friends, I melted … again… for the 297th time this week!
Like who says that ?
And why when he says it is it the MOST PRECIOUS THING EVER to me?!
My next five minutes consisted of very unsightly mommy duties.
But the following minutes were filled with snuggles and giggles!
Ben, you are the definition of the word "stinker"! (No pun intended there!) You can weasel your way out of just about any bad situation and make so many people around you forget completely why they were ill or upset! That is your gift. You have the gift of reminding us all to seize the small moments. Your laughter is infectious and your smile lights up others immediately!
Thank you for brightening our days in the most random of ways!
You are loved lots and lots Ben Ben!
No comments:
Post a Comment