Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Shopping Surprise

So as I prepared to blog tonight, I had full intentions of documenting our next 2 days that were enjoyed at Pawleys.  That was the plan until I went shopping with Bess tonight!

Bubs had the boys, I had the girls and off I tear like a Momma on a Mission through Belk.  (I am giggling every sentence I write just thinking about this… just so everyone knows.)  So anyways, as I am attempting to drag my 2 girls through the store, I hear Wylie say “Mommy, look!” 

That is when I see this…

manequin arm 1

And this sweetheart standing beside it…

DSC_0749

Despite, being SO EMBARASSED, and wanting to look around to see if anyone spotted Bess’ run in with the mannequin, I did my best to reconnect the arm, however, I failed.  So, while I should have probably walked up to the sales lady and given her the disconnected arm, I didn’t.  I just laid it gently at the poor mannequins feet and practically bolted!  Wrong , I know!

Point was, by this moment in time, I am red in the face and I turn to Bess for an explaination.

She looks up at me and in her totally innocent and  heartfelt words she says:  “But Mom, I was just shaking her hey!”

And I lost it…

Mannequin- 0  ,   Bess’ reasoning- 1

Oh Bessie Boo, you make us laugh more than you will ever know!  We love you lots & lots!  Never change baby girl, never change!

No comments: