Monday, April 21, 2014

Really Into Reading!

Oh My Wylie Girl!  My little learner!  She is so motivated to learn and read and "do math" these days!

There have been many, many, many nights over the past 6 years where Charlie, Wylie, Bess and Ben have heard me read one of my all time favorite books!  Complete with the same noises and expressions my sister and I use to use when we read the book or had it read to us!   


Three little bears. One with a light. One with a stick.  And one with the "sh-sh-sh- IVERS!!!" 

Over Spring Break, Wylie enter the kitchen and announced to me that she had just been upstairs and read the whole book to her doll Saige.  I was a bit skeptical but thought, well she might be telling me the truth!  

She continue to plop herself onto the kitchen stool and prove to me she in fact HAD been upstairs reading the book and could in fact do it all by herself!  

My heart was so proud!  I have such vivid memories of my sister and I reading this book.  I even regifted this book to her as a Bridal gift when she got married!  So seeing Wylie so interested in this little piece of my childhood was, and still is, touching!  

Wylie informed me she was going to take the book to school and share it with her teacher.   After my long sermon on being careful with the book, I allowed her to carry it!  She was so proud of herself and I wanted her to feel good about her efforts!  

Today, while teaching my third graders, I heard my email ding.  I glanced over my shoulder to see 2 emails entitled "Wylie".  

Imagine the proud mommy moment I had for my sweet baby girl when I saw these 2 pics! 



My sweet baby had taken the book to school and had ended up reading it to her friends!  She was so proud of herself.  I was so proud of her passion and excitement for reading!  And I was so thankful to receive these little snapshots of her at a moment she felt on top of the world by! 

All of my children are talented in their own ways.  They each have their passions and interest.  I can truly say, Wylie is a Learner.  She soaks it all in.  She asks for math to do in the mornings while we get ready.  She times herself with math facts and tries to improve on them each morning.  She requests for me to leave her clipboard pages of math problems and words to do while she waits on carpool.  

I love it.  I am so thankful my babies have had experiences in school that make them excited to learn and experiences that have impressed upon them the importance of learning!  The parent (and the teacher) in me are grateful for all those who have helped Wylie, Charlie, Bess and Ben know school is a place to learn and grow!  

Wylie, you are so motivated to learn each day!  I pray you NEVER ever stop learning!  You work so hard to learn new things and understand them and I couldn't be more proud of the little lady you are becoming!  Keep it up baby girl!  Mommy is so proud of you!  


No comments: