Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Happy Birthday Charlie and Wylie!!!

I can vividly remember 5 years ago…  American Idol was starting up a new season and my sister, my mom, my 2 nieces and I were sitting in my sister’s den just gabbing over the wanna-be stars of the show.  In the words of a good friend - 5 years ago I was “Huge-O Preggo”.  Little did I know that night, or rather early morning, the lives Bubba and I had known would change in one of the most incredible ways! 

4:45 am …  That is the moment when Charlie let me know, the upcoming day was going to be all about THEM and not about my lounging on a couch!!!  I will never forget the early morning call to my mom, or the swirling of thoughts through my head, or worrying about what state I was leaving my bedroom in as I headed to the hospital prepared to welcome miracles into the world!

And by 7:47 and quickly at 7:48, the first of my four blessings entered this world!

P2060156 P2060160

They might have been a few weeks early, but they were healthy, hefty for preemies and perfect in every way! 

Is it possible that time has gone so quickly that in the blink of an eye, my babies have grown from

P2130232

to this?!?!?!?!

DSC_0158

While I celebrate everything about this day and my level of happiness is through the roof, is it okay that I am baffled, emotional and a bit saddened at how right before my eyes, preemies have turned into 5 year olds?! 

 

Charlie, My boy with a tender heart yet more energy than I could ever dream of having!  You are exactly what we dreamed of having.  You define the word boy to a tee.  From playing in mud, to wanting to be involved in every sport, from stuffing Ninja Turtles into your pant pockets for church, to making precious cards for us while we are at work.  There is nothing better in this world than one of your surprise hugs.  Your heart is so big and your smile can brighten our day in an instant.  We love you more than you can imagine!  Lots and Lots!

Picture 199 Picture 243 100_0061

 

Wylie, Child, help us all!  The amount of personality you have in that tiny little body is beyond compare!  In every way, size and shape of the word, you are a little girl.  From baby dolls, to princesses, to dress up and their never ending desire to be “fancy” you are through and through a little girl!  Our hearts could never have known how much we would love every single thing about you!  Your heart is so precious and caring.  We are so thankful for you pretty smile and peppy spirit!  We love you more and more each day!  Lots and Lots!

Picture 083

 Picture 592

100_0589

 

You 2 will never know how loved you are.  Your Daddy and I are so thankful for the day you were born and have been thankful for each moment we have spent with your so far…many more memories are in our futures!

Happy Birthday Charlie and Wylie!

100_0198

No comments: