I already know this post will be hard for others to “hear”. And I mean that literally. Because you indeed need to truly hear Ben’s ever repeating line to get the whole entire adorableness of this but… I shall try to explain and capture the memory!
Ben’s vocabulary has taken off at lightning speed this past month. Everyday he has new words he is saying and new sentences he impresses me with! On one hand, I love hearing his new little phrases but on the other hand, I am sad he is so quickly growing up.
Lately, Ben has had 2 phrases, that when I say the child repeats them, I am not by any means exaggerating. While we all enjoyed the festiveness of Christmas, Ben clearly enjoyed it more than I realized because everyday since our Christmas Tree came down and left out our backdoor, we have been reminded of 2 things.
“Momma.”
“What buddy?”
“Ho Ho Ho Bye Bye.”
“Kiss Mas Tee Bye Bye.”
Tonight, thanks to a discarded cell phone Ben discovered in a drawer, Santa got about 200 hundred reminders that Ben is deeply saddened by his disappearance.
The poor child carried around this phone and repeated over and over his 2 precious little sentences about a million times.
I realize this is nothing to most people. But it is the innocence and sincerity with which Ben informs me of Ho Ho Ho and the Kiss Mas Tee being gone that is precious. Out of the blue, while doing the most ordinary of tasks, this child will yell for my attention and say
“Momma. Ho Ho Ho Bye Bye.”
“Momma. Kiss Mas Tee Bye Bye.”
And I just look back at him, smile and say “I know buddy. Ho Ho Ho went bye bye and Christmas Tree went bye bye.”
Just like that , he is gone in a flash and back to his busy work. It is like I just needed my daily reminder of this fact then he can move on with his business.
Only, my daily reminder is actually given to me about 10 times from my arrival home from school until bedtime!
Is it crazy, awful or strange that I already miss these days and these little phrases?
No comments:
Post a Comment