The beach is one of my favorite places. Lucky for me, my kids also enjoy it! One of these days, I know I will be able to really sit in a chair and relax, maybe even read, while I am on the beach. But these days, it is all play. At Pawley’s we love to “go the the North” as Charlie says. There are giant puddles that the kids love to sit and play in. Momma doesn’t mind them either for that matter! The puddles also offer a great distraction because just when you can sense that a melt down might be about to occur, to the “North” we head and you have yourself another hour of beach fun!
Charlie loves everything about the beach. He loves the sand and the water! Thanks to Tonka Trunks, the beach is even more entertaining! Everyday Charlie loaded his blue truck up with more sand than I thought possible! Jeffery and Jay found themselves with an extra Bocce Ball player this year! He was a great runner but had a hard time understanding the patience involved in the game! Bless his heart- this child has more energy than I will ever know what to do with!
Wylie also loves the beach. After her initial meeting of the sand and surf last summer I was worried but Lawd have times changed! This child is perfectly content sitting in sand for hours. Just give her a digger and a bucket and she is good to go! Wylie was OBSESSED with collecting sea shells this beach trip. She found more treasures that she insisted on keeping at the end of each beach day! She also loved to jump the waves! By the end of the week she was really swimming in the water with her cousins! She was a little too brave for my taste though so again, out of the comfy chair I had sitting in the sand and into the water I went!
My sweet Bessie Boo was thrilled to be a the beach again! Every morning she was so anxious to get her bathing suit on to head to the sand! She really doesn’t realize she is only 2. In her eyes she is just as big as the rest of the clan so of course she does exactly what they do! Bess truly does LOVE sand! She loves being covered in it the most! It all started simply … just covering her feet and kicking it off. She thought this was hysterical. But by the end of the week, she was asking to be covered in sand and only her precious little head sticking out to remind us she was there! She is a nut! But really, she loved this activity! So much that Amy was able to do it multiple times with her!!! YEAH !
Perhaps one of the most precious things on the beach this past week was seeing my brother attempt to teach the cousins how to play Bocce Ball. A man of patience was he! He was so methodical in his teaching and had it all planned out. I will say, he gets an A+ for effort. I don’t know that the rule book was followed but it was a success none the less!
I am so lucky that my kids enjoy the beach. Sadly it was hotter than Hades on the beach and Bennie had to hang back! Next year I am sure he will be in the thick of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment