Wednesday, June 3, 2009

T Minus 9 and Counting!

Okay, first... for the record let me say, no one bother to bring a camera to the birth of this child because getting a decent shot of this baby has been impossible the entire pregnancy so only expect it to be that way after birth!! Now granted, things are probably a little cramped up inside Hotel Bailey but this child's baby book is going to be filled with pics like this... a little scary don't you think!!! Now for all those wondering, no those are not teeth you see in the picture- we believe those just may possibly have been fingers. At least that is what we are telling ourselves. For those of you (like Bubs and I who today couldn't see what this was...) the baby is laying left to right and this is a face shot. The 2 dark circles are eyes and if you look carefully under that you will see a thin black line, that would be the lips. So naturally above that you should be able to locate the nose however, this to me is not as clear! Charlie and Wylie were never shy in front of the camera like this little critter is!!!

Anyways, the latest is this... I am 38 weeks. Baby weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz. today. From what I have been told, great weight for where we are in this ballgame! Baby is a long one... legs are measuring 40 weeks while abdomen and head are on track week wise. Not a shocker there- long legs (especially in boys) run on my side of the family! I am 75% thinned out so I am "favorable" for labor as soon as I can get some contractions (that aren't the fake ones) to get a move on it! My doctor did notify the on call doctor of the weekend to let him know of my grand plans for this delivery! The on call doctor is the same one that delivered Charlie and Wylie so maybe this is a good luck charm!

For all those who have missed the beauty of my recent attempts to encourage this baby to enter the world... I know you are disappointed! Maybe I can create a small mental picture for you to imagine! Today I enjoyed walking 2 miles in the heat in clothes that don't fit and shoes that I didn't even really bother to tie! It was a large time, literally! But nothing could compare to the beauty I possessed as I floated in my 2XL Hanes T shirt and Bubba's super cool green Cherokee shorts in a pool of water! I have read or heard just about every wives tale out there and they aren't really working!! I even took the plunge and drank the ever dreaded Caster Oil and so far... no baby!
If all else fails, we are scheduled to meet our newest addition next Friday morning! Time will tell! So until then... keep guessing what this long legged baby is and send me any grand suggestions of natural ways to induce labor if you have any!!!

2 comments:

Libba and Lewis said...

Well Kasie, looks like all those things did work!! Welcome to the World Elizabeth Cameron!! Such a beautiful name!! We are so excited for the Bailey family!! WOW...we have lots of little girls in our group!! Charlie will have lots of little girlfriends! Can't wait to see pictures of the precious girl!! Love y'all!!

Beth said...

Libba is right...all of those things DID work!! :) We are so excited for all of you and can not wait to meet little "Bess" with her long legs. So cute! Congratulations! We love you!